Click to Home
Go To Search
Email pagePrint page
How do I obtain a handgun permit?
1. The application for your permit to carry a handgun is online at
2. You will fill out your personal information and click Submit at the bottom of that screen. The fees for a 4-year license and a lifetime license are on the website.
3. Stay in the website and click on Inkless Finger Printing.
4. Pick your own date and time to be electronically printed at the local L-1 Center. This is the Whitewater Rehab Center at 750 Chester Blvd., across from Northgate Cars. They do not take phone calls. Go to the L-1 Center first and pay your state fee, and fingerprint fee. Once you have paid for the State fee and the fingerprints they will give you a white paper to bring here to the office. PLEASE make sure to also bring your APPLICATION # with you to the Town office. Please contact the office to make sure that the appropriate person will be there to finish up the paper work.
5. If you are in the city limits of Richmond, Cambridge City, Centerville, or Fountain City, go to your local law enforcement facility. If you are outside the city limits of these towns, or do not have a local law enforcement office, come to the Wayne County Sheriff Office to finish the process and pay your local fee.

The Town of Centerville will accept Cash, Personal check, Money Order or Debit/Credit Cards. If you use a Debit/Credit card - there is a 3% fee on the total.

If you have any questions, please call the office at 765-855-5515. Our office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Home Page FAQ

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain a handgun permit?
2. What utilities are furnished by the Town of Centerville?
3. When are Town Council meetings held?
4. How do I adopt a pet?
5. What kind of permits are required in Centerville?
6. Office hours - what do I do after the office closes?
7. How do I get rid of yard waste?
8. Does anyone perform marriages at the Municipal Building?