Select an option from the menu to get started.

To obtain a handgun permit: 

  • The application for your permit to carry a handgun is online at
  • You will fill out your personal information and click Submit at the bottom of that screen. The fees for a 4-year license and a lifetime license are on the website.
  • Stay in the website and click on Inkless Finger Printing.
  • Pick your own date and time to be electronically printed at the local L-1 Center. This is the Whitewater Rehab Center at 750 Chester Blvd., across from Northgate Cars. They do not take phone calls. Go to the L-1 Center first and pay your state fee, and fingerprint fee. Once you have paid for the State fee and the fingerprints they will give you a white paper to bring here to the office. PLEASE make sure to also bring your APPLICATION number with you to the Town office. Please contact the office to make sure that the appropriate person will be there to finish up the paper work.
  • NOTE: If you are within the city/town limits of Richmond, Cambridge City, Centerville, or Fountain City, please go to your local law enforcement facility. (Centerville is the Municipal building)  If you are outside the city/town limits of these towns, or do not have a local law enforcement office, go to the Wayne County Sheriff Office to finish the process and pay your local fee.

The Town of Centerville will accept Cash, Personal check, Money Order or Debit/Credit Cards. If you use a Debit/Credit card – there is a 3% fee on the total.

If you have any questions, please call the office at 765-855-5515. Our office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

The Town of Centerville furnishes the following utilities:

  • Electric
  • Water
  • Wasterwater (Sewer)
  • Stormwater
  • Trash

Come to the office at 204 E. Main St. to sign up.

If you own your own home, you will need to bring proof that your name is on the deed.

If you are renting or buying on contract, you will need to pay deposits for utilities.

Please call the office at 765-855-5515 for more information.

Town Council Meeting Schedule:

The Centerville Town Council work session is set for the last Tuesday of each month at 7:00pm.

Regular council meetings are held on the second Tuesday of every month at 7:00 the Municipal Building, 204 E. Main St., Centerville, Indiana.

These meetings are open to the public.

To adopt a pet, you may find many choices of loveable animals at:

Animal Welfare Shelter, 1825 Chester Blvd., Richmond, IN 765-962-8393

Help the Animals, 2101 W. Main St., Richmond, IN 765-962-6811

These facilities are also in need of volunteers to help take care of these precious and loving animals.

Please be aware, however, NO Pitbulls are allowed in Centerville

The Town of Centerville requires the following permits:

  • Building permits – see the Building Commissioner
  • Tree trim permits – Utility Office – $1.00
  • Garage sale permits – Utility Office – $1/per day
  • Dog license – Utility Office – $5 neutered/spayed; $25 non-neutered or non-spayed per year

Office Hours:

Normal office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

If you need to leave a message after 4:30 p.m., please call 765-855-5515 ext. 123. This will ring in to the Clerk’s office.

If you have a utility emergency, please call the Police non-emergency line at 765-855-5222.

Leaf pick-up is to be determined. You can contact the office for further information.

No. At this time, no one performs marriages at the Municipal Building.

The Town of Centerville is currently accepting applications for a full time and a part time Utility worker position. This position will be under the direction of the Town Manager and employed within the Town of Centerville.   Applications can be obtained from Town of Centerville – Municipal Building, 204 E. Main St., Centerville, Indiana during business hours: 8:00-4:30pm Monday – Friday.  Applications can be returned to the same location.  Please contact the office for any questions or you can click the link below to download an application.

The Town of Centerville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and adheres to the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Application for Centerville employment


Posted 11/9/2018

According to the 2014 Census, the population of Centerville is 2,603.

Vendors who are interested in selling products and services to the Town may call the Clerk-Treasurer at 765-855-5515.

Utility supplies are purchased by the Town Manager and may be reached at 765-855-5515.

Any new vendor must supply a W-9 Form to the Clerk-Treasurer

The Town of Centerville tries to pay our Vendors in a timely manner of less than 30 days if possible. However, sometimes the process takes longer than expected. When an invoice is received, it is opened by the Town Clerk. The invoice is then sent to the Department head that ordered the item. The Department head approves/signs that the item was received and then forwards the invoice to the Clerk-Treasurer for payment and Council approval. If you invoiced for an item and have not received payment in a reasonable amount of time, please call 765-855-5515 and ask for Susan Dillman, Clerk-Treasurer.

To rent the shelters at the park, please call the office at 765-855-5515 to check to see if your desired date if available. A deposit of $35 is required for the use of the shelters, restrooms, electric, and the stage area. Ten dollars will be reimbursed to you when the restroom key is returned and the facility is in good, clean order. All playground area and playground equipment is open to the public at all times.

Zone changes must go through the Board of Zoning Appeals. This requires you to start with the Building Commissioner with a set of plans. Please call 765-855-5515 and ask for the Building Commissioner.

To change the use of your property, it may require a variance. This would require a request to appear before the Planning and Zoning Appeals Board. Please see the Building Commissioner with your request or call 765-855-5515.

The term setback means the required distance separating a building or structure from a property line. Setback regulations for buildings are included in the Centerville Code of Ordinances. Please call 765-855-5515 to talk to the Building Commissioner.

First, determine the zoning district your property is located in by checking the Town’s zoning map or calling the Building Commissioner or Clerk-Treasurer at 765-855-5515. Next, look up the permitted uses for your zoning district in the Town’s Code of Ordinances. If your use is not listed in the permitted use section, check to determine if your use requires a Special Use Variance. If this is required, you would need to go before the Board of Zoning Appeals. Please bring your plan to the Building Commissioner to start this process.

For a copy of an accident report, please contact the Police Department at 765-855-5222. There is a $5 fee for each report.

No, however, the Police Department will assist you in obtaining the services necessary, such as certified locksmith, to unlock your vehicle.

Come to the office at 204 E. Main Street to establish new utility service. The consumer will need to submit an application and pay utility deposits if required. For questions, please call 765-855-5515.

Residential streets within the town limits are cleaned and swept on a regular basis.

Residents are asked not to shoot mowed grass into the street as this is not only unsightly, but can cause clogging of the Stormwater System.

If you are having problems with your cable or internet service, please contact your service provider.

The Town of Centerville no longer does any large item or special pickups for trash.